Sunday, May 29, 2016

Lewisetta, VA, The Glebe, Potomac


We leave FBYC around 9:00AM . Before we leave Deltaville we stop by the Deltaville Marina for fuel and a pumpout. As we approach the docks we see “Mar-a-Lago”. 









 
Jane, Linda and Brian

 I knew Brian and Jane were leaving their boat here for the summer and coming back in the Fall for one last trip south. I had thought they would of headed home to Toronto, by now. Getting the boat ready for storage has taken quite a bit of time. They found a climate controlled storage facility and are storing cushions and many other boat items for the summer.


We now have an even later start from Deltaville. It is a very calm, motoring day, but the leading edge of tropical depression Bonnie is slowing coming north and we have rain showers on and off most of the afternoon. 

Rain clouds catching up to us
By mid-afternoon we start heading up the Potomac River and head into the Glebe River in Lewisetta, VA. We are heading for a very protected anchorage through shallow waters littered with crab pots and oyster beds. Twice I have to swerve because I am off course and we are on the verge of hitting the bottom. Once we drop the anchor we have the place all to ourselves.

A local home owner is teaching one of his kids to wake board. At one point he swings by and tells us he will be shooting off a cannon at sunset, not that we will actually see one tonight. Soon after it starts raining. After supper I doze off watching TV on the settee. Suddenly BAM ! The remote control goes flying and I reactively jump up and run to the cockpit to start the engine. But before I get there, I notice Linda is laughing hysterically (at me) and then it dawns on me, oh yeh, cannon, sunset. Well, at least I am wide a wake, now.





No comments:

Post a Comment