Sunday, January 24, 2016

Another cool day, Basket Weaving


Wake up to a cool morning, good excuse to make popovers for Sunday Breakfast. Normally on the boat I half the recipe for just Linda and I, but my brain is not yet engaged and I mix a full batch, so I make as many as I can fit into the oven. Mark and Karen stop by to talk about tomorrows sailing and I pawn one popover off on Mark. In the afternoon Mark gives a basket making class using fronds from a silver back palm leaf. It was rather interesting and we have a good group. I got as far as making a coaster, maybe it will grow into something larger. Linda and Karen walk to another beach. Since many boats are leaving tomorrow and the wind is finally blowing less, we have an evening get together
with most of the boats in the marina. Still cool in the afternoon, everyone is wearing jackets.
 Basket Weaving class in session, sitting from the left to right; Jane (Mar-a-Lago), Karen (Sea Vu Play), Ann (Anne's Odyssey), Tanya (Minx), instructor - Mark (Sea Vu Play) and Betty (Bright Ayes)

After 4 days or so of high winds the boats in our end of the marina are covered in a fine sandy grit blown off the adjacent road to the docks.





No comments:

Post a Comment