Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Shroud Day 2

Slept in and had a late breakfast. Normally I edit this blog on a PC and unload from there via WIFI. 

Flying iPhone
Well, here is the Exuma Park there is no WIFI and no cell towers within the park. I can get a get a data connection to a cell tower to the north if I hoist our iPhone up the mast so it is high enough to make a connection. Then I climb the mast with my laptop in hand and hanging from a halyard and I type out this blog -NOT.

Actually, the Bluetooth on the iPhone has a range of 40 feet or so and communicates to other Bluetooth devices down in the comfort of the boat. Unfortunately, now that our PC's have Windows 10 they will not tether to the via the USB cable to the iPhone or via Bluetooth. Windows XP and Windows 8 worked fine on our trip two years ago. So my only recourse is to use the iPad to write and upload, but I can not find away to upload pictures, so I will add them later.


We leave for at 3:30PM for a short sail to the next Hawksbill Cay and pick up a mooring at 5:00PM, Hard day of sailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment