Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Mechanicville








Train overhead

Lock next to Power Dam above Mechanicsville, NY

Another warm sunny day on the Canal. We are the only boat in any of the locks again, today. We get to the Town Free wall at Mechanicsville by 3:45. We use their free pump out and then move down the wall and tie up for the evening. Connect to power and again turn on the AC.


High School Girls Crew

For Dinner, we walk to a local hotspot, “Bubbles” on Yelp. We split another dinner and still leave with left overs. On the way back to the boat we swing by another “Stewarts” for some more of their coconut ice cream. We get back to our boat and recovering from my ice cream stupor, I realize I left my backpack at “Stewarts”, with my iPad, so I quickly walk back, while Linda calls to make sure they have it. Using “Find My Phone” app on my iPhone I am happy to see that my iPad is at “Stewarts” and not doing 60 mph down the highway.

Truck Nuts

Boat Nuts ?
 
I put old socks over our turn buckles so they don’t bang on the deck and to capture any parts that come loose. Sean the owner of Hop-o-Nose remembers me as the "Sock guy", apparently I am the only one who does this.

No comments:

Post a Comment