Sunday, February 19, 2023

Black Point, Water


Today more chores. I bring our garage ashore to trailer and leave a $20 donation. Black Point is one of the cleanest islands and we appreciate the effort they make to keep it that way. Then I spent the rest of the morning schlepping from the “free” water tap. Great exercise, making me looking forward to getting the water maker working. Linda cleans the boat while I am running back and forth.

 

Welcome to Black Point

 

The crowd at the water tap

After lunch Mark takes Karen and Linda ashore to do some shell seeking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I set the water maker back up to run fresh water through it since I left it filled with salt water. After a week or so unused, in this warm climate things start growing that will damage the Reverse Osmosis filters. A fresh water flush will buy you some more time between uses. After that I decide to go ahead and pickle the unit with a solution of Sodium Metabisulphite, an antioxidant used in beer and wine making. This is good for about 6 months, in case I don’t get the impeller that I need. I plan on selling the Rainman when we get back to Florida.

I also clean our clear vinyl and polish some of the stainless steel, something that we don’t have to do on Lake Champlain. As the say it is stain -less not stain-free in salt water.

For dinner we have reservations at Scorpios new place on the water. We have a good dinner that the waiter tells us we can get mango ice cream for desert on the house. We get excited, but are a little disappointed when the ice cream shows is with a decided red tint, Strawberry.

 

Dinner at Scorpio's






 

No comments:

Post a Comment