Saturday, October 10, 2015

Harness Creek

The wind is blowing 15-20 out of the north so we sail 35 miles south on our jib, our first day of actual sailing, engine off.

Thomas Shoal Lighthouse, Annapolis

We anchor in Harness Creek on the south side of Annapolis. It is too crowded to get into our first choice close to downtown Annapolis, Spa Creek. We take a long walk to one of our favorite Marine stores, Fawcetts, to pick up a few items, including carburetor cleaning fluid. We meet up with our friends from Vermont John and Genie, who have our non-junk mail that Rose has been saving. We will see them again tomorrow at the Annapolis Boat Show.

I stop by a Verizon store so they can find out why I can't manage my iPad account online. I have a pay by month plan. In Burlington at the end of August I take this new iPad to Verizon and they put in the SIM card and set up the account. Our previous iPad's I had set up myself on line and managed them online without having to talk with anyone at Verizon. This one will not let me do that. The end of the first month I spent 45 minutes on the phone to get my account reactivated for the next month. They can not help me, but do connect me with Verizon technical support on their phone. They are not much help either. They tell me to go to “MyVerizon.com” and fill out the account information, but then tell me that the sight is down, but not sure when it will be back up. Another useless exchange with Verizon support. I slam down the phone and leave.

We walk back to Harness Creek for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment