Monday, October 12, 2015

Spa Creek

Wake up to another cool morning and run the heater. Heavy dew on the dodger. Have to wipe off both sides of the clear vinyl multiple times to see through. Very little wind.

Leaving Harness Creek




We motor to Spa Creek near downtown Annapolis, now that a lot of boats have left at the end of the weekend. In the afternoon I tackle working on the outboard motor. I take the carburetor off the outboard and notice some water in the fuel. The carburetor bowl is clogged with crud and will not drain. I strip down the carburetor and thoroughly clean it. After I put everything back together the engine still will not start. I pump out a pint of fuel from the bottom of the fuel tank. SOB! When I got two gallons of gas for the outboard at Atlantic Highlands I received a bonus pint of water and crud. Water does not burn, no matter how clean the carburetor is. Once I pump out two pints of liquid from the bottom of the tank, we are back to only gas in the tank. The engine starts right off and seems to run just fine now.









We head to Rams Head for Happy Hour, meat balls and 3 dollar draft beers. Linda and I split a dinner; shrimp, hot sausage, peppers, onions over grits. I don't know how one person could eat what we got with our split dinner. It was excellent.





We were going to visit Gregg and Vickie, on their boat, who we met at Hop-o-Nose, with dessert on the way back to our boat. Vickie sends me a note that Gregg is exhausted from working on a couple projects and is going to bed, so we head directly back to our boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment