Saturday, May 21, 2016

New Bern, Blackbeard Sailing Club, Day 1

We reserve another Enterprise car, but they are short on pick up drivers on Saturday so Mark and Karen offer to pick us up for breakfast in New Bern and take us to Enterprise. They pick us up at 8:00 AM and we head to “Baker's Kitchen Resturant & Bakery” in the middle of town, on Middle Street of course. Very popular breakfast spot. Mark and Karen's timing was excellent. We find parking near the restaurant and get seated right away. By the time we leave there is a line to get into the restaurant out on the sidewalk. We pick up our car and stop at a few stores for a couple items, before returning to Blackbeard. 
 
The deck at Blackbeard
New Keen - Old Keen
We are having dinner at our good friends Bill and Sandy who we met on our first trip to the Bahamas and skied with us last year in Utah. They call and ask us to come over early in the afternoon to visit and play games. I have to change the oil and a couple other maintenance items so Linda goes over without me, so I have the boat to myself to work. When I get done Bill and Linda pick me up. Bill and Sandy are latest mail drop. I ordered a new pair of Keen's, I have worn out the pair I started with. Rose our house sitter has also sent us a box of what she thinks is our more important mail. 

View the T-head guest dock, long dock
We have a nice afternoon with Bill and Sandy. We watch the Kentucky Derby, had a very good dinner and played cards. Did not get back to the boat until 11:00PM. Blackbeard has a gate and I was wondering if it even worked. Well it was closed at 11:00PM and you needed a key card to get in. We call Sandy and she knows exactly why we are calling before we speak. She sends Bill over to let us in.

No comments:

Post a Comment