Sunday, September 23, 2018

Hop-o-Nose, Sails







 
Creekside restaurant


Catskill Creek
 
Who says you can't get away from each other on 36 foot sailboat, Linda way down there, on my safety line.




We wake up to no wind and finish tuning the rigging and get the sails out of the boat and up where they belong. The boat is much more roomy now. When I test our wind direction and wind speed I find it is not working. I take the binoculars and look up to the top of the mast and see the wind gauge is askew. We must of bumped it putting the mast up or on a lock wall. I have to make a trip up the mast to check it out. I am afraid we may have to purchase a replacement. Once up the mast I find the plug was not fully seated, I might not have fully screwed it back in last month when I had taken the gauge down for cleaning. After properly connecting the gauge it is working fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment