Thursday, October 20, 2022

Sarah’s Creek

After wiping off a lot of dew I start to slowly crank up the anchor and washing it down as I go. With Mill Creek so calm we can drift around for a while, while I slowly take care of the anchor. Hopefully the last time I have to do this. 

 

Mill Creek in the morning


Another cool day on the Chesapeake

Once back out on the Chesapeake we have a sunny warm day, even though we have to motor. We dock ourselves around 3:15. Ken and Donna are busy and we have been here before. Again I do battle with Verizon techs, with no success, A-holes. Linda takes laundry to Ken and Donna house while I work on stuff on the boat. Donna and Ken make us a wonderful dinner and we play cards until the laundry is finished. 

Interestingly, a couple days later I notice that we have a new photo of our boat on MarineTraffic.com.  Marine Traffic shows the position and daily track of boats with AIS. AIS broadcast boat position, speed and direction over VHF which other boats receive and display on their chart plotters. Land based VHF stations receive these signals and ships positions are available on the internet. Various people take photographs of passing boats with AIS and posted them under the boat name on Marine Traffic. You can post your own photos, which I have done previously.

Leaving Mill Creek

 

No comments:

Post a Comment