Friday, October 14, 2022

Spa Creek, Boat Show Day

Spa Creek, Boat Show Day. We have breakfast on the boat and I work on the compressor. I have to removed from it from its shelf so I can get access to the fan. There is lots of coiled copper line, so it can be moved a few feet while still running. I discover that the wire on one of the fan leads had become disconnected. If I had been more observant I could of taken care of that with out moving the compressor and emptying out the port locker. Anyways, refrigerator is back to normal.

We head to the boat show. I am looking for a new windlass and want to talk with folks at Raymarine. I get some good quotes on prices for the replacement windlass that we need, but no one has one in stock. “We can ship it too you in a couple weeks, maybe”. I find a helpful person at Raymarine who gives me a lot of insight to the problems I have been dealing with. I meet Giorgio from Aquamaps. Aquamaps is my main navigation app on our iPads. We have lunch with our friends Bruce and Pam. Run into Diane and Alain. They had anchored in Weems Creek a mile or two north. 

Walking to the boat show

Rainman Water Maker vendor


My Oak Barrel Stout
 

After the boat show we rush back to our boat to put on warmer clothes and then head to Wayne and Betty’s boat for Happy hour. We met another couple, long time friends of Betty and Wayne, they are full time cruisers. We leave before it gets too dark and head to Rams Head for BBQ Shrimp.





Our ride "home" awaits us


No comments:

Post a Comment