Friday, October 21, 2022

Sarah’s Creek

 

 

Morning in Sarah's Creek

New Windlass day. I take everything I can, apart, for removing the old windlass. Linda goes back to Donna’s too wash our jackets. After lunch Ken comes by to help me with removing the old windlass. Ken borrows a neighbors sawzall. I can lift the windlass up to cut it apart above the deck instead on making a mess below deck. Ken takes me to a local hardware store to buy some more metal cutting blades. The blades don’t last long. We head back out to Lowes to buy a diamond abrasive saw blade, which does the trick to decapitate the head of the windlass. Meanwhile Donna is shortening the sleeves on Linda’s sweat shirt and adding cute little thumb holes.

Out with the old


 
In with the new

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The hard work has been done on the windlass. The new one drops in place where the old one was mounted. The existing switches and wiring work with the new windlass motor. I just have to connect three cables. It only takes me about and hour to get the new windlass installed. This one is all stainless steel. The old one had lots of aluminum parts which were always a problem.

Ken and Donna had dinner guests (not us) for tonight so we drove over to the marina across the creek for dinner at York River Yacht Haven restaurant – York River Oyster Company.

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment