Saturday, October 15, 2022

Spa Creek

Up at 8 AM. I make popovers for breakfast. After, I take the dinghy to the adjacent park and magic marker our faded registration number and put on our new VT sticker. From a distance the numbers look pretty good. A couple days later, Linda finally looks at my lettering close up and is not too thrilled.

I call Defender Marine to see about ordering the windlass I need, assuming they would not have it in stock. Not only do they claim to have it in stock, they give me a much better price than any of my recent quotes. Much better than their online price. I have it shipped to our friends Ken and Donna who live in Hayes Virginia where we will be stopping in a few days. This is going so well, something must be wrong. Defender is much more dependable than West Marine and I hope they don’t break their record.

I defrost the refrigerator due to our little warm up and find the offending smell, some hamburger I thought I had frozen. Around 4Pm we have cheese and crackers since we missed lunch. Diana and Alain and there visiting friend stop by and they join us for Happy Hour. It was a fun visit, their guest was very interesting, she has extensively sailed and currently lives on a sailboat, elsewhere.

After they leave we head to Chick and Ruth’s for dinner. We have only ever gone there for breakfast. We split a crab cake dinner. I liked it, Linda not so much, but we both like the Strawberry/Rhubarb pie with ice cream for desert. After a quick stop at CVS, we head back to the boat for the evening.

Chick & Ruth's

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment