Friday, June 10, 2016

Annapolis, Spa Creek, Day 1

We spend most of the morning working on various boat maintenance projects. One, our windlass has been having clutch slippage problems for quite a few months. I finally decide to dissemble it, but it will not come apart. I start searching the boat for a gear puller that I am certain I have on the boat. Can not find it so I spray on some WD-40 and will try to get it apart this afternoon. I also remove our engine blower motor that has stopped working. I can get it to work, but it is pretty much worn out. So, after I complete a couple other projects we go for a hike to Fawsetts Marine, local competitor to Worst Marine and buy a new blower. We also take our near empty propane can to True Value Hardware to be refilled. When we get back to the boat the windlass comes apart with a minor amount of tapping with a hammer. A couple months of our front deck getting constantly sprayed with salt water has gotten salt into one of the bearing surfaces gumming things up so the clutch could not be properly tightened. I also install the new blower. So much for a day of relaxing. 

 
Rams Head

We rush off around 6:00PM to Rams Head, so not to miss Happy Hour which ends at 7:00 PM. Being a Friday, with nice weather, the place is fairly full. Tonight is wings night, free wings and $3.00 beers on tap. I have my favorite Oak Barrel Stout. We split a Shrimp, sausage and grits dinner. Then after a walk we stop for ice cream on the way back to the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment