Saturday, April 8, 2023

Vero Beach, Clinic


 

Fort Pierce anchorage


Up at 6:00, we shower on the boat and on are our way at 8:00am for the short run north to Vero Beach. We get to Vero Beach Municipal Marina around 10:30. We wind up sharing a mooring with “White Seal” a Lake Champlain sail boat. We last saw Charlie Langworthy, “White Seal” at Georgetown in the Bahamas and first met him going south 4 years ago in the Chesapeake. 

 

Vero Beach mooring field, "White Seal"

 

I pack an overnight bag and we go ashore and catch an Uber to the Cleveland Clinic Hospital a few miles away. We have a short wait, I get a blood workup and urine test. They put in a saline drip after I give them a urine sample, since I am a little dehydrated. The doctor prescribes another antibiotic that he feels is better than the Cipro I have taken in the past. They give me an antibiotic drip and call in a prescription to Publix. We leave by 2:30, very quick service, we are very pleased.

 

 

 

 

Uber back to the marina. I take the wrong sized flippers the dive shop screwed up last fall and we take another uber with Mark and Karen to the shopping plaza, Dive Shop, Publix and Too Jays (Our favorite Deli) for dinner.


Finally back to the boat, I get to have a long talk with Charlie and share our sailing adventures.

Meanwhile Alta has had a record snowfall this winter. The reason there are so few people here is the access road is closed for avalanche control and the people staying at the mountain have it all to themselves.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment