Friday, October 12, 2018

Solomons, Michaels arrives

By mid-night we are dancing all over the place heeling with each swing. Linda finds it too noisy to sleep in the front birth. I keep looking outside to check on things. The violent swings loosens the traveler a couple times which I have to tighten. I have left our dodger and Bimini up because it is facing the wind, being able to swing on a mooring. On a dock I would have taken all the canvas off. Finally around 1:00 AM the rain stops and we just have the wind 35-40 mph with gusts over 50 mph, which gradually drops down to 15-20 mph by morning. I finally go to sleep around 4:00 AM. We sleep in to 9:00 AM. After breakfast I put the boat back to cruising configuration and put the dinghy and motor down. Then I tackle the exciting tasks of defrosting the refrigerator and lubing our, getting hard to flush head. We go ashore and head to “Boomerangs” for some excellent dry rub ribs and come back to the “Dry Dock” for coffee and dessert and have a short visit with Dan and Tina. They are heading south with an ICW Rally, a group of boaters that we will try to avoid, but I am sure we will see them in Florida and the Bahamas. Head back to the boat and prepare to head out in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment