Tuesday, October 9, 2018

St. Michaels, Haircut

Boring morning, had breakfast and worked on cleaning the boat. 


Crabber checking bait line in the morning


For lunch we head to town. Still hot and humid so air conditioning was important, no outside dining for us. Unfortunately the only supermarket in downtown St. Michaels closed and is being torn down and being replaced by small shops and apartments. The only other option is about a 1-1/2 miles out of town. I head back to the dinghy and get our folding rolling cart and bags and try to catch up with Linda. I am about a month or two late on getting a haircut so Linda has been scouting out Hair Salons in St. Micheals. Apparently there are no barber shops here, real men have to drive 10 miles to Easton for that. Linda is no where in sight so I track her down with the “Find iPhone” app on my phone, which tells me she is in the St. Michael Hair Salon coming up, just down the road. She sticks her head out the door and tells me I am getting a haircut, my haircut scout. They even have miniature barber pole by the door. Not being very busy I sit down and Linda’s new friend Kate, gives me a good short haircut, beard trim, eye brow trim, squirrel trim (you’ll have to ask Kate what that is).
Leaning house in St. Michaels

After we get groceries and take them to the dinghy we head to the local ice cream shop. Stay and enjoy the air conditioning for a while after we finish. Head back to the boat for dinner. Linda had 15,000 steps on her Fit-Bit for the day, not bad for living on a boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment