Monday, November 12, 2018

Isle of Palms

The "crew" comfortably out of the rain
Cloudy, dreary morning when we wake up and that was the best part of the day. We leave early to get to Isle of Palms marina before it is suppose to start raining. We start getting occasional light showers and then start getting heavier rain. I finally have to put on my foul weather jacket and pants. I don't have the aft vinyl enclosure panels in and with the wind on our back the rain is landing on mine. I don't like having the cockpit fully enclosed when we are moving otherwise the clear vinyl will fog up on the inside.

We go through McClellanville one of the ICW trouble areas. We can probably not get through here at low tide any more, but today we are nearing high tide giving us an extra 5 feet of clearance. Last time we got through here at low tide and literally plowed our way through the soft mud bottom.

Sometimes I think I have too much information


Interesting trawler passing us

We arrive at Isle of Palms marina between rain showers around noontime. We had lunch at a breakfast/lunch place at the marina and split an excellent shrimp Po Boy. It rains most of the afternoon and evening. The main restaurant at the Marina is closed on Mondays, so I make a pizza on the boat. Not too often I am the one to actually make dinner. But I do let Linda wash the dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment