Thursday, November 15, 2018

St. John's Yacht Harbor, Charleston

Last night I installed the Uber app on my phone. Not sure what to expect being newbies. So after breakfast I type in our destination, the Charleston Aquarium. The App first tells me a car would be available in 35 minutes. I ask Linda if she can be ready in that time. Sure no problem. I hit the “Confirm” button and the response comes back that a driver will be there in 7 minutes. So we scramble fast. The driver is there as I am walking down the dock. He has to wait a couple minutes as I go to pay for another day at the marina and for Linda to arrive. 
 

We quickly get to the Aquarium, hmm, this Uber stuff works pretty nice. Today is in the high 40’s and windy, but Linda and I are stripping off clothes in our Uber. Our driver who moved here from up north has been here too long. He has on more clothes than us and has the heat cranked up to keep him warm. 





After the Aquarium we walk by the Maritime Marina and see “Antares” on the dock, but Lenard and Lynnea are not around. We grab a quick bite for lunch at “Fleet Landing” and walk through the artist market, visitor center and then spend a couple hours at the Charleston Museum. 
  
Hominy Grill, Breakfast Lunch & Dinner ?


Our main goal today was dinner at the “Hominy Grill” for Linda’s favorite, Chicken Liver and Grits. As we walk up to the restaurant, late in the afternoon the building looks awfully dark. We look in the windows and no one is there. We finally find a sign with the hours 7:00 AM to 3:00PM. We have always gone there in the afternoon, not realizing they are not open for dinner, only breakfast and lunch, SOB! Linda is not happy that I made her diddle away the last couple hours in a museum when she could been having her “Liver and Grits”. We walk across the street to “Fuel” a Caribbean restaurant in an old gas station. This time I wait until we are ready to walk out the door to hit “confirm” for our Uber back to the Marina. Our Uber shows up 4 minutes later.

No comments:

Post a Comment