Saturday, February 2, 2019

GHC, Bike to Shelling Beach

Right after breakfast I take the dinghy over to the fuel dock to fill one can of gas and one can of diesel. The dock is very high off the water for a dinghy, so it takes some effort to get myself up on the dock. I walk over to the office to find they are closed. I don’t need the extra fuel that badly, so I give up and head back to the boat.

 

When I get back I walk over to the bike shed and talk with the owner of a power Cat here. He is quite the bike mechanic. Previously there was only 3 or 4 functioning bikes when he gets done there are 8. The biggest problem is flat tires. Apparently there are a lot of thorns on the island, so he has replaced a lot on inner tubes. I take one of the bikes in to town to pick up a few items at the the store. They were out of butter, so I thought I bought margarine. Turns out it was vegetable spread, yuck !

 

 

After lunch we ride to Shelling beach with Mark & Karen for low tide. If sand dollars were worth a dollar I would be rich, they are all over the place at low tide.

Shelling Beach

On the way back we make our last stop at the Beach Club for a drink. Back at the boat Linda cleans shells and gets the boat ready for leaving tomorrow. A multi-day nice weather window is coming up so a lot of boats are leaving tomorrow. Left over pizza for dinner tonight. Since it was delivered cold the other night it will be much better heated up in our oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment