Friday, March 17, 2023

Rock Sound, Sammy’s


 

I make coconut, Banana (before they go bad) pancakes for breakfast. After breakfast I empty our folding water jugs on the deck into the front tank. Then I transfer the rest of the diesel fuel rail cans into the fuel tank. After that I take the empty cans and dinghy to the new town dock to refill the four cans at the gas station. It is still blowing 15-20 knots out of the south so it is rather rough at the long pier for dealing with climbing ladders with diesel cans. I tie up closer to shore on the cement portion of the dock that supports vehicles which blocks the wind and waves. The down side it is a bit of a leap up without any ladders. Also a long way down to the dinghy with full 5 gallon cans. 

 

New Town dock

 

Gas Station

 

After I get the cans back on the boat, Linda and I head into town to have lunch at our old favorite place, Sammy’s. We stop to take a picture of Linda in front of a Bougainvillia Bush/Tree, which we do when we past one on every island we visit. A local fellow stops his car and offers to take a photo of both of us, he says "I promise I won't steal your phone", which gets a laugh. Not a problem on this island of the most friendly honest people we know.

Bougainvillia, Nile & Linda

 

Sign-less Sammy's

 

We are disappointed to find that the previous owner had died. Strangely, they have no menu and the waitress lists off what is available. We have an OK lunch, but everything is fried, no bake, broiled or blacken choices. They don’t even have a sign in front of the restaurant, apparently was blown off and they have not replaced it yet.

 

 

On the way back we check out the hardware store and find it open, they don’t seem to have any regular hours. I need a replacement squeegee and they have one left. Then we next stop at "Stationary store" for a pint of Mango Ice Cream to take back to the boat.

In the afternoon I clean the engine intake water filter and replace the main house water charcoal water filter. Linda works on consolidating our food storage totes and checking inventory.

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment