Thursday, March 23, 2023

Ten Bay Beach


We pull anchor at 7:45AM for a couple hours sail to Ten Bay Beach. We sail all the way there on just our jib and arrive at 11:30. 

 

 

Rainman

The water is very clear here so I set up the Rainman and generator to make water. The generator goes into overload and it looks like it will not have enough power to run the Rainman. Finally I flip the switch to “Smart Throttle” mode which I don’t think will work, but am surprised when it does. I thought “Smart Throttle” mode just lowered the RPM for lower loads. Well, I learn that with “Smart Throttle” off the generator runs at 3000 RPM. 

 

With “Smart Throttle” mode on the RPM will vary with the load and can run over 3000 RPM for higher loads. I run the generator for two hours filling our water tanks.

Later in the afternoon I take the dinghy ashore at low tide and go for a walk up the beach. This beach is public and there was quite a few people here this afternoon by car. Robert and Karen, “Bellaventure” come into the beach and we visit for a while. Back on the boat Linda is making a batch of Texas Caviar.

Ten Bay Beach

From the Top, Sea Vu Play, Manana and Belladventure

 

After dinner we play cards with Mark and Karen on their boat. Karen made a very good pie for dessert.

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment