Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Rock Sound


Short run to Rock Sound this morning, so we don’t leave until 10:30 AM. We have a nice sail on just the head sail, engine off. Nice quiet sailing. 

 

Leaving Cape Eleuthera

 

Nice morning sail

We arrive in Rock Sound and see the most boats here that we have ever seen here. Because of the recent west wind the majority were on the west side. Since the winds are suppose to pick up and swing to the northeast we anchor on the northeast side of the bay. As the day progresses we get a lot more company around us. By the next morning I count 63 boats anchored in the Bay. We relax for the rest of the day.

I am surprised to see sailboat Minx on AIS, a young couple, Jay & Tanya, who we have met a couple times on past trips.  I had no idea they were down here. I think they were last in the Bahamas 4 years ago like us. We text back and forth.  I also text with "Quiescence", Kim & Cathy who are here and I have been recently in touch with.

Sail to Rock Sound






No comments:

Post a Comment