Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Thompson Bay Cave


Pancakes for breakfast. Linda does some cleaning and I work on cleaning the rust from our so called Stainless Steel rails. Like they say “it’s stainless not stain-free”. Late morning we make one last trip to the grocery store to get some frozen steaks that we liked the last time we were here.

 

After lunch on the boat, we take our dinghies to a very small little cove carved out of the limestone, so Linda and Karen could walk across the island to the ocean side and walk the beach for shells. 

 

 

 

 

Mark and I are going to walk south to explore a cave near the car rental place. The cave actually goes under their property. I forgot my flash light, but since the cave is open on both ends it only gets real dark in the middle. My phone light is was enough to get me through that part. Mark did have his flashlight. We then walk a little further south to try to find another cave, but it is on fenced in private property and there does not seem to be any path to get to it. 



We have been lucky enough to have clouds over us for our walk, otherwise the sun would of made it very hot. We meet Linda and Karen back at the cove and then head to Tiny’s Hurricane Hole (restaurant) for Dominoes and Dinner. They seem to be out of just about everything on their menu. Linda and I split a pizza which was good. Mark and Karen get a lobster tail and steak that was so-so and over priced. 

 

Tiny’s Hurricane Hole

 

Waiting for dinner

 

A fellow boater on the Long Island Facebook Page was looking for some Sodium Metabisulphite, an antioxidant, used to pickle a watermaker when it is not going to be used for a few weeks so nothing will start growing on the Reverse Osmosis filters. By chance I had over ordered the amount that I needed and had a spare package, which I offered for free. Unfortunately they were arriving at Thompson Bay after we leave tomorrow. I left my spare bag clipped to our stern in case they could find a friend who is already in the Bay that could pick it up when we are off the boat. While we are at Tinys and after multiple texts, they find a friend who has been anchored a few boats ahead of up that can pick it up. While we are eating dinner I watch them heading to our boat and picking the package.

 Thompson Bay Cave Video


 

No comments:

Post a Comment