Saturday, January 12, 2019

GHC, Water Pump


Work Day. Linda does laundry and I replace a leaky raw water pump on the engine. I have a number of spare pumps that I have rebuilt, but two rebuilds seems to be the limit for each pump without excessive leakage. I ordered another new pump which was shipped to Vero Beach when we were there. This pump is better and cheaper than the originals, but has to be modified to fit. I bought an abrasive rotary cut off tool at Harbor Freight in Vero for this project. By lunch time the pump has been modified and installed. Then another half hour of clean up and putting tools away. 
Shiny new raw water pump
 

We have a rainy evening and night on the boat. Is nice to get the boat washed with fresh water. I put some of the Vinyl enclosure up before we go to bed to get the salt removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment