Friday, March 3, 2023

Georgetown, Peace & Plenty

Work on figuring out why Linda’s phone does not make phone calls in WiFi mode. She has been having to use my phone. I finally figure out what the problem is and her phone now works fine.

My second Tech problem today is to call Verizon and find out why we had a phone bill of $350 for the month of January. Turns out we have automatic international calling, which comes in handy when we go to Montreal for the day or weekend. It gets switched off when we return to Vermont. We have 4 devices on our Verizon plan, two phones and two iPads. I missed turning the cell off on my iPad and a soon as we passed the Cell Tower at Bimini they started charging us $10 a day. It was a couple weeks before we find out they were charging us so much, since Verizon doesn’t let you see you current month charges. Of course they see that no data has been used, but they politely tell me we are SOL, assholes !

Once we finish with that, I ask why our basic monthly rate has gone up $15. I am told that is because our new iPhones that we got in October are 5G capable. Even though we do not need 5G, we get charged for it anyways. That maybe the reason our data rate dropped to near zero after we bought new phones. After dealing with multiple techs it was over a month, last Fall, with no success, we found a smart enough tech to fix it. What he did not tell us was the fix was fixing the 5G issue on their end, but never mentioned the price increase, with zero benefit to me. Again, Assholes !

I install our new impeller in the watermaker.

In the afternoon we head to “Peace and Plenty” hotel and restaurant for Tourism Bureau’s visitor appreciation free dinner. We get there early and play dominoes with Mark and Karen. The free dinner is very good.

 Facebook slideshow

 

Peace & Plenty, Tourism Bureau Appreciation Dinner



 

No comments:

Post a Comment