Thursday, December 31, 2015

North Miami - New Years Eve

One last pump out and one last trip to the Library for more research. A short trip today and we don't push off from the wall until 3:20 PM. We are hemmed in between a catamaran and a trawler so it is tight leaving, which I do not do very gracefully. Being preoccupied I am not listening to the radio and miss the announcement of another mega-yacht being towed up the river. As soon as I am off the wall they appear around the corner. Another tour boat is backing up, but I don't have any where else to go at this point so I try to slip down the side of the channel near the wall. The tow boats hold their position as I slip by. They are not too happy with me.

We only have about 15 miles to go to University Cove in North Miami. We sailed outside to Miami the last time and missed this part of the ICW. We did not miss much. We get to University Cove around 6 PM after sunset. Very nice cove between Florida International University and Oleta State Parks. FIU has great WIFI that you can sign up for, very nice of them to provide it for visitors, although I'm sure they only planned it for on shore visitors. We are able to use FaceTime and Skype. TV reception is very good, except half of the stations are in Spanish.

We are tired and go to bed shortly after “sailors mid-night” which is unusually early for us. Around midnight the fireworks barely wake us and it does not occur to me to get up and watch them until they are just about over.

No comments:

Post a Comment