Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Emerald Bay, Fixed leak


First thing chore of the morning is to take apart the anchor windlass to clean and lube the parts. It has been slipping lately. Then I move on to the next chore. I empty out the rear lockers again. I can see where water had pooled, but not any obvious hose leaks. I take a short length of clear tubing that fits tightly in the stern scrupper drain fitting and stick a large funnel in the other end. I pour water in the tube and it quickly dissappears with no exterior leaks. 
 
I fill the tube again and quickly look below and see water streaming out both port and starboard hoses connected via the Tee fitting that connect to the stern drain fitting. Both port and starboard hoses are damaged where they clamp to the Tee. Must of been like that for a long time. Again I shorten the hoses and reclamp. I don’t have much extra length on these hoses. Again I fill the clear tubing with water and this time the water stays there. I leave it for a couple hours and the level stays the same. Could I have finally found my last leak? We will see when we had to Georgetown in a couple days.


We head to the Palapa Grill at Grand Isles Villas next door. We have a very nice lunch with a view of the Bay. 

 
Lunch at Palapa Grill


When we get back I change the engine oil and transmission fluids.
In the evening we go to the cruiser lounge/offices to play cards in the air conditioning.
 
Mark's card shuffler

 

No comments:

Post a Comment