Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Warderick Wells, Boo Boo Hill



After Breakfast Linda and I hiked up to Boo Boo Hill and beyond. Boo Boo is where cruisers can leave their boat names carved in driftwood. I can’t find ours from 3 years ago, so I don’t bother to add more to the pile. Mark finds one of theirs from three years ago and adds a new one.

 

Boat names on Boo Boo Hill



After lunch before we all go snorkeling Mark comes by with his scuba tank to clean our folding Auto-Prop. I was complaining how much crud was on it. Mark later told me it was much cleaner than his has been in the past. I guess us fresh water sailors, have a different view of bottom growth. Parking the boat for a month at Great Harbor was probably the source of the crud. Constantly moving boats don’t get a lot of bottom growth.

 

Cleaning prop




Mark installing a new zinc

Our snorkeling trip was a bust, our timing was off and there was too much current. Later in the afternoon we all met at the Warderick Wells beach for Happy Hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment