Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Osprey Marina


Mark and Karen are gone at first light in the early morning river fog. 






We leave a little later after the fog burns off and we get into Osprey around 10:00 AM. As we head to the fuel dock we pass “Purdy Suite” a Vermont boat we last saw, just before we both headed to the Bahamas. Doug and Merri Purdy have been here for a few days preparing their boat to be left here for the summer and they will return in the Fall to head south again. The advantage of Osprey is it is fresh water. 



We had made a reservation but they only have one spot left and it is worst than the past ones we have had trouble getting into. Their fairways between docks are very tight and with bow anchors sticking out into the fairways it can be rather hazardous. Our dock is all the way down the worst fairway in a slot normally reserved for a pontoon boat. After we get fuel and a pump out I check out our slip (B0, I think it is B-Zero, because they never intended to have a boat there) and decide to give it a try. Fortunately the opposite slip is currently empty so I can go bow into that one and then back into our slip. Have no wind makes this much easier. Normally, I don’t like to back into a slip, because I suck at it, but it will be very difficult to back out of this slip and all the way down the fairway without any wind. With wind, near impossible without a few insurance claims. I get lucky and with a dock hand I almost look like I know what I am doing. The added benefit is I have to re-glue some tabs on the dinghy and re-letter our numbers which I can do standing on the dock with the dinghy hanging in the davits.

 

Tight Spot


We can not get an Enterprise Car today, so Charla, Linda’s niece will come and pick us up so we can take them out to dinner. We meet Matteo, her son and his girl friend Jess at the restaurant, “The Grumpy Monk”. Back home on the boat we watch the next installment of Game of Thrones, before we trip across some spoiler giving away the details.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment