Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Frazers Hog Cay

Lots of wind, but no waves in the protection of Bond Cay. Once we leave the south entrance at high tide we encounter wind and waves almost on our nose, more than forecasted. 

Aground on Bonds Cay, wonder how that could of possibly happened ?
After and hour of punishing ourselves I decide to put the wind and waves on our back and sail east to Frazers Hog Cay and not Nassau. It would have been like traveling 30 miles on a pogo stick. I'm tired after just the first couple miles. In hindsight Mark and Karen made the right choice to get to Nassau ahead of the forecasted winds for Tuesday. I just didn't want to skip the southern Berry's, but we should of (Linda will remind me of this).

It was fairly rough in the anchorage when we got in there, in the afternoon and it took two attempts to set the anchor. It was too rough to get a clear view of the bottom, but we did drop an anchor in what I considered to be a sandy spot. The ideal spot further north off a sandy beach had the only other boat for miles and I didn't want to “crowd” them in this remote anchorage. I had set the anchor monitor program on our iPad “Drag Queen” and monitored the tracking on our navigation program. Not being real comfortable with the location in these high winds I stayed up late, after mid-night, monitoring our position. We had not moved and have been swinging a 45 degree arc around the anchor position.

No comments:

Post a Comment