Sunday, January 29, 2023

GH, Anchoring out


Last day at Great Harbour. I clean the side of the boat at the water line. Our boot stripe is slightly underwater and if we don’t move frequently we start getting plant growth. Actually, I already cleaned the south side a couple weeks ago since it gets more sun, sitting at the dock here. I put up the outboard and dinghy for traveling. Robert stops by and I pass on my limited knowledge of AquaMap and Navionics, Navigation software we all have on our iPads.


Mark stops by with a suggestion that we head southwest back over the shallow banks to Andros. I had not considered that route, but after looking at it I agree that is a good idea. We can make it to Morgans Bluff at Andros in one day and avoid the heaver seas on the windward side of the Berry Island chain. I filled the water tanks and wash down the boat. Linda cleans, dries and packs her shell collection. At 4:15pm we leave the marina to anchor out side of Bullocks Harbour to get an early start to Andros in the morning. We were amazed to find 35 boats anchored. Nice breeze, that we don’t get in the marina. We sleep well.

 

Boats anchored outside of Bullocks Harbour

 


Fishing boat anchored out


No comments:

Post a Comment