Friday, July 12, 2024

Princess Hotel


It rains hard overnight but is still raining when we wake up.  I am not in a rush to leave in the rain, so we have a leisurely breakfast, hoping the rain will soon stop. It lightens up and I put on my rain jacket and put the power cable and hose away. Since everything is wet, it goes in the bucket and I put it all in the bathroom to dry off. 


I still have to dump the gray and black tanks and fill the water tank. Next I use their wash station to try to get the RV clean or at least the layer of mud off. The mud is off, but it is not fully clean. Finally we leave at noontime as the rain stops.  


Old Car, Old Man



After a quick stop at Fred Myers supermarket, we head to the Automobile Museum. Cars from 1898 to 1925 and almost all them are in operating condition.  Very interesting and it takes about two hours to get through the museum which is also a history of automobiles in Alaska. 


For the next two nights we are staying at the Fairbanks Princess Hotel.  I had not realized that Princess Cruise line has lots of bus and train tours in Alaska and they have a number of hotels to service their tours.  I got a very reasonable price of $150 a day. Most other hotels in the area were starting at $300 a day. Most of the customers at the hotel were there by bus, The parking lot was only ¼ full with cars. This is a very large 4 floor hotel with 3 long wings. The clerk at the counter must of really liked my hat she complimented me on, because we get a 1st floor room on the river, just a short walk from the lobby. I was a little skeptical at first, but the hotel turned out to be very nice, with a couple restaurants. We decide to stay put and have dinner on the outside patio. The sun has come out and it is quite pleasant to be outdoors. We have a very good dinner.  I really like the salmon chowder.


After dinner I have to make a quick visit to ACE hardware to get an odd-ball screw driver to get the back of my HP laptop off. I want to see if I can figure out why I am getting the message “hard drive issues”, even though it has a solid state drive.


Back at the hotel I try to get the blackout curtain tight against the window since we are facing the sun in the west, before we go to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment