Friday, July 19, 2024

Seward



Un
Sunrise over the mountains


We get up early and have breakfast in the RV. Getting ready to check in on our cruise to the Kenai Fjords National Park which leaves at 10:00am for the day.  I wonder why they send me an email to rate how our trip was. I thought that was a little premature, until I checked in.  Oops, I had booked the cruise for yesterday not today and today they are full. They kindly rebook us for tomorrow, Saturday.


I walk the docks and am surprised to see all the recreational sailboats here. Some pretty hardy sailors. Also, I was surprised to see lots of Catalina 36’s like our sailboat, back home. I have been in contact with a member of the Catalina 36 Facebook page, Cherish Jordan, a local Alaskan who keeps their sailboat in Seward and often posts some very impressive photos of trips that she and her husband and children have taken. Hardy bunch of people, I feel like such a sailing weenie.


Seward harbor




Cherish’s Catalina 36 they do a lot of kayaking


After a visit to a very impressive bakery across from the National Park visitors center, we walk over to the center. We then drive to the Exit Glacier about 10 miles away for lunch and a hike. Late afternoon we drive back to our Campsite, now dry and sunny. Sit out side in the sun. We haven’t done that since a brief sunny period back at Dawson City in BC, Canada. Hopefully tomorrow will be a repeat.


I am a little confused, Exit, Where is the Entrance ?



Exit Glacier, in 1900 I would be standing at the foot of the Glacier


Scrape marks from the glacier flowing over this rock, was covered 20 years ago.
Cruise ship arrived this morning, leaving in the evening
After dinner clean up






2 comments:

  1. Deb and I just remembered you are blogging this trip. Very excited to follow along!

    ReplyDelete