Saturday, December 17, 2022

Vero Beach


This is the last morning with the car so we leave early for a few more stops, Advance Auto for filters, Ace Hardware for paint and brushes for my dinghy platform, ABC Liquors for wine. My main goal today is to buy some very cheap golf clubs to play golf at Great Harbor. I didn’t put any in the boat back in September when we left since we hadn’t figured out where we were heading in the Bahamas. So we stop at Goodwill and Salvation Army. I pick up some irons for a couple dollars, but can’t find any putters. So back in Vero Beach we go to “Play it Again Sports”. Their used clubs are a little more expensive. I complain the cheapest putter I could find was $30, beyond my price point. The clerk finds me one for $6, good enough. I also buy 2 dozen colored golf balls.

After we drop off everything at the boat, we return the car at noontime and Uber back to the Marina. We walk to lunch at “Nenos” in Vero Beach with Mark & Karen and Robert & Karen. Linda and I walk back to the Marina and Robert drives everyone else to Fort Pierce to the Marine Connection.

Tonight we have the Xmas boat parade and we have a front row seat here on the dock.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment