Thursday, June 13, 2024

Bismark, ND

 Last night when I removed the bike cover for the first time. We had some rain at least every other day. I discovered that I have bent the bike rack. The bike rack holds two bikes, but I just have my bike on the outer rack.  The inner rack just cleared the spare tire, without any bikes on the rack. Once I put the rain cover on the bike I was not able to observe the weight of the bike was causing the inner rack to sag and hit the top of the spare tire.  After repeated opening and closing of the right rear door,  the bike rack is damaged. Removing the inner rack stops any further damage. Linda never like this rack and would be happy to replace it.


Quiet morning

Anyways we have a sunny morning, I make breakfast while Linda showers. We stop at Walmart for a few items and Costco for gas before we head West.  Interestingly I learned yesterday that this Costco will allow RV customers to park overnight.


Once we leave Fargo the wind really picks up, out in the flat farmland. Its two-handed steering all afternoon.  We have crossed the plains in Kansas many times and also in South Dakota. Lots of windmills and rotating irrigation booms there. We see almost none of that in North Dakota obviously they get more rain this far north. Also lots of small lakes and ponds.


Whtie Caps on all the ponds



Tonight we are staying at Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park, just south of Bismark.



1 comment:

  1. I will be interested to hear how you bike cover hold up to highway winds. We have heard that a stretchy cargo net can limit the flapping and reduce wear.

    ReplyDelete