Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Adrian, MN


We get up at 6:30.  Linda heads immediately to the bathroom/showers nearest us and I head over a few minutes later. I walk into the men's bathroom and hear someone is in one of the two showers.  I thought it was odd for anyone being there so early in the morning, with so few customers. Then I notice a familiar hair dryer on the counter.  In a low voice I say “Linda” and she answers. I tell her she is in the men’s bathroom. No one else around to care. I hop into the other shower. My wife isn’t the most alert when she first wakes up in the morning.


Dear when you see these you are not in the Ladies bathroom 🙂



To get on the road faster, we stop 20 minutes down the road at a McDonalds in Sturgis for breakfast.  For our mid-morning break wew stop at Wall Drug. 13 years ago when we drove west on RT90 there were signs for Wall Drug starting more than 300 miles to the east.  Not too many signs for Wall Drug coming from the west. I guess they think tourists only drive in one direction. We stop for a brief visit, I think we are good for another 13 years or more. Wall Drug is kind of like the “South of the Border” for western bound tourists.


Wall Drug



Lots of Highway reconstruction on sections of RT90, reducing traffic to one lane in each direction. Much of the rebuild is cement. Much of what we have been driving on today is cement and very smooth, not the usual click click of the expansion joints. The construction is called “Continuously reinforced concrete pavement” (CRCP). There are reinforcement bars in the cement, which eliminates the expansion joints.


Sacagawea Statue over the Missouri river



 We cross from South Dakota into Minnesota a Sioux Falls.   We stop 30 minutes later at the farming community of Adrain and stay at the Municipal RV Park. Very nice, large facility and relatively inexpensive. Not very many transient RV’s here today.  Although Linda does find her last of the 50 state license plates she has been searching for, Maryland.  She stops to tell them they are the last state in her 3 month search.


1 comment:

  1. Kim and I can’t stop laughing. In the men’s bathroom

    ReplyDelete